THROUGH MY EYES: Overcoming the Emotional Injury of an Abusive Relationship

It's done.

I have uploaded the Kindle file to Amazon and approved the physical proof copy. My book has been released and should be listed with online retailers soon. The Kindle book should be available for download by tonight. And I will post a link when the soft cover version is "live" on amazon.com.

As a self-published author, my book won't be on bookshelves. However, it can be ordered at any bookstore. It's available "print on demand" from Ingram/Lightning Source Publishing.

This has been quite a process. And now I'm looking forward to sharing another part of my journey with readers. I'm also looking forward to hearing from readers. Please don't hesitate to share your feedback with me.

I greatly appreciate those readers who have taken the time to review my first book on amazon.com. And I hope to see some reviews of my second book popping up as time goes by. You have no idea how much the feedback means to an unknown, self-published author such as myself. I don't have a publisher or literary agent promoting my work. And I don't have a clue how to promote my own work. Furthermore, I'm uncomfortable with self-promotion. So I simply write, publish and share through social media. Other than that, I'm hoping you'll tell someone about the book if you find it helpful. My greatest aspiration with both of my books is to encourage and inspire my readers. I would love to sell a lot of books. Every writer has a dream of having a book take off. And I'm no different. But that desire is secondary to the reward of knowing I've helped someone or made someone else feel less alone in their struggles.

I am so thankful for all the support and encouragement I've received throughout the writing process of both books. I'm also grateful to my husband John for not only encouraging me to write, but for being willing to invest financially in my passion for books; the ones I read and especially the ones I write. I couldn't do this without him.

I now begin the process of hoping to break even. But I already know, from previous experience, that I'm going to feel like I've won the lottery every time I hear from a reader who found inspiration or hope in my story.

Comments