Merry Christmas!

It's been a great year for us here in West Virginia. I am amazed at how God has blessed us with so many wonderful new friends (who quickly felt like old friends), a new church home, a new business and a team of valued employees.

We added a beautiful baby granddaughter (Madeline Grace) to our family this year. She is so precious and adored. And I feel so blessed to have a fourth grandchild added to the three munchkins we already had (Andrew, Joshua and Pax).


We moved from our condo into a house and have spent the last six months making it our home.

John's health is good and that is not something I ever take for granted. I am also healthy.

It's taken me a little longer to feel ready to publish than I expected, but I've finally put the finishing touches on my second book. I hope to have it in print (and ebook) some time in January. I put the book aside for a number of months beginning last spring, and when I came back to it, I realized I had grown in a lot of areas. I'm thankful I didn't publish it prematurely. I am also thankful to Mending the Soul Ministries for reviewing that first version of my work. My reviewer threw some lights on for me in the area of toxic shame and as a direct result of her input, I was able to overcome a few more of my "chains." The book is better because of her insight into my wounds. It's also better simply because I allowed myself time to benefit from the catharsis of writing it all down. I didn't realize it at the time, but when my writing was so fresh I hadn't completed the cathartic part of my journey. I can now read what I've written without tears and, more importantly, without feeling any embarrassment or shame.

I have already shared this on Facebook, but finally got around to loading it on YouTube. I never made commercials with John in Tennessee, but I've really enjoyed doing this since we've moved here. I am married to such a genuine, funny guy. Anyone who knows him will tell you that he is exactly the same in person as he is in his commercials. He has a heart of gold. He's fun. And the dude can sing...

 

I wish all of you reading my blog a very merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!

Comments