Sunrise in the Mountains of West Virginia

I got up with John (and the birds) this morning and told him goodbye at the door. As he walked outside the garage, he said, "Wow. The sky is beautiful. You should walk out and take a look." So I walked outside and looked to the left of our condo at the eastern sky. Not only was a breathtaking sunrise about to take place, but the planet Venus was shining brightly in the early morning dawn. Once I was out there, I didn't want to go back inside (except to grab my phone for some pictures).

I wish I could have captured the gentle breeze and the subtle sway of the treetops. It didn't just look amazing, it felt amazing to be in this setting. And my thoughts went immediately to God, the Creator of this majestic beauty. I will never comprehend how a rational, logical thinking person can look at the wonders of nature and question the existence of God.

These are the kinds of moments when you just have to stand in awe and give thanks to God for His creation ... and being alive to marvel at it!

It was even better in person, but I hope you enjoy the pictures.

 
 
 
 
 
Venus in the morning light (above)
 
 
 
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."- Marcus Aurelius 

Comments