Even at the risk of injury, I'll choose tender over tough!


I saw this on Facebook this morning.

My first reaction to it was, "Yeah."

Then I read it again and thought, "No."

I agree that I cannot keep carving out space in my day to day life for people who make no effort to be in it. But kick them out of my heart? No way.



I may try to put someone out of my thoughts at times, which is easier said than done;
stop reserving so much space in my HEAD for trying to figure out why someone doesn't make any effort.
But my heart is another matter. I don't kick people out of their space in my heart.

Soft hearts have broken places in them that sometimes hurt.
Trying to develop a heart with no empty, achy spots is not a good solution.
In fact, it sounds to me like the beginnings of a hard heart.
Something I never want.

But I do intend to fill my LIFE with people who at least show some interest in being part of it!

Comments

ginger crawley said…
i can relate wll to this, but it still hurts
Shari said…
It sure does.

I love you, Ginger! Thanks for sharing that you can relate. I would love to see you again. It's been way too long.
Linda said…
Shari, I hope you know that you are definitely not an "out of sight out of mind" person for me. I just have so much going on in my life right now that it is hard to find time for everything! But you and John are in my thoughts and prayers. I love you, my good friend!
Shari said…
Oh, Linda, you are so sweet. I was not thinking of you when I wrote this at all. Actually, I was feeling a more specific frustration (that I did not want to write specifically about) and trying to rise above my hormonal emotions. Sometimes I do that by writing. And that little FB quote came along right when I was feeling a tiny bit ignored by someone. Not a general population; just one person. LOL. Right now (especially after reading your comment) I feel kind of silly about that. But I know we all have our moments. No worries. But thank you for being concerned. I love you, too!