Forty years ago today...

My parents definitely enriched MY life with this addition!

Chris and Shari Morrell / July 19, 1971 (taken on my little brother's first birthday.)

It's quite obvious this is the birthday cake my grandma made for him. Her decorated cakes are very distinguishable and etched in my memory. I can also tell you that it's a vanilla cake with buttercream icing, filled with fresh bananas in the middle. I can almost taste it.

Yes, today is my youngest brother's 40th birthday. A lot has changed since that picture was taken. He is now the father of five; ages 17 months to almost 19 years old. I'm so glad my parents decided to have one more kid! I can't imagine my life without him AND his family.

This is Chris today...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you so much, Shari! I love you!

Chris
Betty Kirschner said…
I remember when Chris was born. After summer vacation when the students in my 4th grade class talked about their vacations, I remember Todd saying, "He had is own baby brother." I always thought was so Special.
Shari said…
Betty, I had forgotten that you taught 4th grade, since I had you in kindergarten only. We both loved our baby brother - and still do. That's one thing I feel confident in speaking for both of us.