The call I was waiting for came today...

On my way to Franklin this morning, to spend the day with my daughter-in-law and the boys, my cell phone rang. It turned out to be the call I have been anxiously waiting for (for three and a half weeks). The clinical trial coordinator was calling to let me know that the CAL-101* study was approved and John has a spot.

We have appointments for CT scans, lab work and a visit with Dr. Flinn on Thursday. Friday John has to have another bone marrow biopsy. And next week - probably Thursday - John will begin CAL-101.

I'm excited. I'm a little nervous. And I'm hopeful.

*CAL-101 is an oral, small molecule delta selective PI3 kinase inhibitor, a first in class compound, with greater than 200-fold selectivity in cell-based assays for the delta isoform as compared to other class 1 PI3K isoforms. CAL-101 is designed to induce cancer cell death and inhibit signaling pathways associated with cancer cell dependence on the tumor microenvironment.

Comments

Randy Shannon said…
Great News Shari... I pray it does as well for John (or better) than it has for me...

God Bless,
eye opener said…
Great News Shari and Im glad to see that God is always showing up as always. He always does a little someting big/small just to let us know he's always there. Your blog about mothers day ministered to me as well. Continue to be blessed
Jueneville
Danny Bryant said…
great news.

we love you guys.
Shari said…
Thanks for your prayers, Randy! I'm so happy that you are continuing to do well!

Jueneville, great to hear from you! I didn't know you were still following my blog. I hope you are doing well. We'll have to chat gain some time! I think of you so often.

Danny, we love you guys too! So much!
Shari said…
Oh, I missed a typo. That should have said "again" - not gain. : )