Why Jesus came . . .

"Jesus didn't come to make bad people 'good' ...
He came to make dead people alive ... "


I took the above quote from an email I just read. The email included a long transcript from an online conversation in which one party was witnessing to another. It's a detailed conversation and I was deeply touched by it (in its entirety). I wanted to share a few brief excerpts on my blog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The price for sin is death for everyone, no escape. You can pay it yourself ... or you can accept the price that Jesus paid FOR us in our place. But for Jesus to pay that price, He had to make Himself just like us. Because He never sinned while He was on earth and He completely submitted Himself to everything that God the Father asked of Him (being in complete agreement), He should not have ever died.
Sin = death ... no sin = no death.
That's why only JESUS has the RIGHT to give life to whomever will accept HIM."

"Jesus didn't come to make bad people 'good' ... He came to make dead people alive ... He said "I am the way, the truth, and the life, and no man comes to the Father except through Me."

[In John 10:17-18, Jesus says] “Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. 18 “No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”

"He says 'My Father' because, even being God, He had to take on human flesh and all human flesh is created by God through the first man and woman. So JESUS is fully God and fully man."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You would have to read the entire conversation to understand how thoroughly this person witnessed to someone who was asking questions about who Jesus really is. I can't do it justice with a few excerpts. And I don't feel at liberty to publish the entire transcript because it contains details of personal lives. But the one doing the evangelizing answered in simplicity and yet in precise detail, backing up all his claims with Scripture. At one point, he began to pray online in writing about a very serious event that interrupted the conversation. His prayer touched my heart as well.

By the way, his prayer was answered. A life was extended. And, hopefully, a new life in Christ has been born. I know that the seed was well planted.

Comments