Fun Night!

Our four-year-old grandson, Joshua, was a tree in the Mustard Seed Choir last night. He is standing next to his best buddy...

Joshua having fun after the program...

Andrew hamming it up for Grandma Shari...

The whole family...


I think you can tell (I can) by this picture that it was a major effort for John to go to a Christmas program last night. (Although he looks good considering what he's going through.) But he wanted to go with me to Joshua's program and it meant the world to me to have him there.

Andrew was an affectionate angel last night. He crawled all over both of us, continually pressed his cheek against mine, gave me kisses unasked, looked up at me in irresistible sweetness and said, "I love you." He ran to every grandparent (and there are several of us) showing equal enthusiasm for every single one. It was absolutely adorable to watch him look up at his Granddaddy Tom like he was just thrilled to see him and Grandma Mel. He pointed out Poppy John to Grandma Mel, saying, "That's Poppy John." Melanie said, "Oh, that's John?" And Andrew said, "No, that's POPPY John." A few minutes later he was stroking John's sweater vest and looking at him as if to say, I'm SO glad to see you. It melts my heart just reflecting on it. This phase Andrew is in is so precious, I want to savor it!

Joshua wasn't quite as much of a cuddle bug last night because of the excitement of the evening, but we did get some hugs and kisses (had to ask for his). That kid can talk and talk and talk. I loved watching him go from person to person making conversation.

I think I am now officially in the mood to Christmas shop.

Comments