Tomorrow I will see my book in print!

I was notified that my proof copies were shipped overnight delivery today! I will have them tomorrow. Two friends and I will go over them this weekend, looking for any printing errors before I order my first shipment. I hope we don't find anything. I'm ready to get on with this.

I submitted my files on the 20th and the reason it has taken ten days is because both the cover and the internal files had to have something minor fixed and then be resubmitted. Even when you take care of delays quickly, which we did, it drags out the process. I can't imagine what it will feel like to hold an actual book in my hands that I have written and published myself. I kind of wish somebody was going to be here with me to share that moment. But I will probably be home alone. I guess I'll just have to get in my car and go to a friend's house so I can hug somebody and scream, "It's really a book!"

John and I talked about it this afternoon and we're going to be real brave and order 300 copies to start with. That first shipment will come directly to me and I will set up a little shipment work space in my house. I may work on organizing that space tomorrow.

I still don't know an exact release date. I plan to approve the proof or submit corrections on Monday and then print books. I don't think that will take more than a week. For those of you who have already purchased your copies, you should be getting them soon. And for those of you who haven't, you can go to:
BREAKING THE CHAINS
to order a copy directly from me. Or if you want me to hand it to you personally, you can email me to reserve your copy and tell me when you want to receive it in person. I would love to know how many copies I am going to sell immediately. It might make me a little braver about ordering my first shipmment.

In six to eight weeks, the book should be available at Amazon.com and other distributors.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am so proud of you! I miss seeing you!
Love,
Toni
Rebecca Bryant said…
Very exciting! Wish the boys and I could be there as you open the box.
Shari said…
Thanks, Toni. I miss you too. We need to get together, meet for dinner or something, and catch up.

Rebecca, I miss you and the boys so much. I wish you could have been here for any reason. : )