Ready to Submit!

The cover has exceeded my highest expectations. It is a work of art. When I look at it, I see an image that captures the sense of freedom and redemption I have found. I found that freedom and redemption in the cross. And I wanted the cover to illustrate that. It's no small task for an artist to capture both captivity and freedom in a single image. I knew that. I also knew that my artist (who is beginning to feel like my little sister) could do it. Okay, it occurs to me that I am more than old enough to be her mother. However, she has a mother. And nobody needs two mothers. So I have designated myself as a surrogate big sister.

I have not previously mentioned the artist's name who designed my cover, but she has given me permission to do so. So, Thank you, Terra Mears, for the endless hours you've spent designing and perfecting such a beautiful cover. I couldn't have had a more perfect cover for this book than the one you have created. And it means the world to me that you wanted to do this. I've thanked you many times privately, and I've thanked you in the acknowledgments. But I have really looked forward to acknowledging you and thanking you on my blog as well. I'm proud to announce that you are the book's cover designer. If I ever write another book, I hope you will agree to work with me again. You are so talented. But even beyond that, it's very meaningful to me to have the personal connection we share. I think you know how bonded I feel to you. At least I hope you do. I love you very, very much.

I am so blessed to have a personal connection with every single person who has contributed to the production of this book.

I am blessed that my friend, Charlie Daniels, agreed to write the foreword. He is a very special person, and I have such deep respect and admiration for him as a Christian and as a human being. It certainly won't hurt to have my foreword written by someone so well known and well loved. However, what makes his participation even more meaningful to me is that he's a true friend. John and I feel a special bond with Charlie and Hazel.

In addition to the personal connection I have with my cover designer and foreword writer, a very special person in my life wrote the epilogue to my book; my son, Danny Bryant. And he did an amazing job, too. I am so proud of him. And I'm so pleased that he made such a meaningful contribution to my book.

Every person who has been a part of this process is someone very special to me, including the friends who read each chapter as I wrote (and rewrote) my testimony. I am indebted as well to the friends and family members who gave their permission for me to share details about their lives and testimonies, and who have given me their wholehearted, unconditional love and support all year long in this effort.

I wanted my next blog post to be an announcement that I had submitted the book. I have the cover pdf and my manuscript pdf ready to go. I logged onto my online publisher's website and started to begin the process tonight, but I didn't get very far without having an unanswered question. Therefore, I think I had better wait and do this during business hours so I can speak with a customer service representative. I want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. Hopefully I will complete the submission process tomorrow (Tuesday).

We have a doctor's appointment in Nashville at 8:45. Then I have another appointment here in town at 1:30. I'm hoping I will have enough time in between those appointments to complete the submission. If not, I will get started and then finish up later in the afternoon. I am very eager to get this submitted.

It is normally a two week process from submission to shipping books if everything goes smoothly. I have been through this manuscript so many times, I can't imagine a delay unless there are printing errors in the proof text.

My next post WILL be a submission announcement.

Comments