Week One continues...

John completed his first round of chemo yesterday. He did fine all week, only feeling very tired after the long days of infusions. Last night, however, he really started to feel worse. And today has been a tough day. He is not tossing his cookies, but he has waves of nausea that feel like severe motion sickness. He is prone to motion sickness normally and has to take Bonine when we travel. So we are wondering if that is contributing to how poorly he is feeling.

Since he is in a clinical trial, they monitor everything he takes and I'm reluctant to let him take anything without getting approval. But I wondered if taking some Bonine might help him feel better and not pose a problem for the trial. So I put a call in to the doctor's office and the nurse practitioner on call should be calling me back within the hour. My guess is that will be fine. But I just feel better about clearing it first.

I hope and pray tomorrow is a better day for him. I made some soup for dinner and am keeping his glass filled with ginger ale. I feel helpless and I don't like seeing him feel so bad.

He says he has to close his eyes when car commercials come on (the movement). That would actually be kind of funny if he wasn't so sick. (He's a car dealer, badumpbump.)

Comments