Up with my thoughts...

It's late. The house is quiet. Everyone else is in bed. And I'm not really sure why I'm still up. I'm relaxed and sleepy, but at the same time...excited and wanting to talk. So I'll write in my public journal and preserve these moments for future reflection.

It's been an amazing week that has flown by too quickly. And today was an especially full day. Without going into the details, God blessed this day from beginning to end. (I will be sharing the details with some of you privately!)

I am finally fully engaged with the editing process of my book. My copy-editor started sending me his work today to review. And he estimated that he can have my manuscript ready for print in just three weeks. I stayed up after everyone else went to bed so I could read through what he sent me and return the file to him via email with my responses. It feels like I am now in the home stretch and I can't believe that seven months ago I didn't have the slightest idea that I was about to begin writing my testimony.

I have been apprehensive about the edit because I've heard stories regarding how painful this process can be for an author. Having never written a book before, I didn't know what to expect. But I loved my editor's initial suggestions. I'm very happy and I don't think this is going to be grueling at all.

I'm feeling so good about it tonight that I am here rambling on my blog instead of sleeping. It is now past midnight and I am realizing that I'm not really writing anything all that significant. I think I just needed to release a little of the excitement I feel. I also wanted to share that I'm getting quite close to a finished product.

I believe with all my heart there is a purpose and an intended audience for this book. I don't know how God will use it or who He intends to read it. But I feel absolutely certain there IS a purpose and an intended audience.

There will also be people who are not happy with me for writing this book. I hope and pray that if any of those people actually read it, they will do so with an open heart.

A very big thing happened today to encourage my faith. It was an undeniable God moment in this journey. I don't feel to elaborate publicly at this time, but I do want to give thanks to God for being so faithful, once again reminding me of His presence in the details of my life. I will never forget this day and God's provision.

Oh, by the way, I got to speak to Lillian on the phone yesterday. She sounded weak and talking for a short time nearly wore her out. But it was SO good to hear her voice and the clarity of her words. She told me that when negative thoughts come, she thinks about the positive things (like still having her voice and being able to talk) and she doesn't get down that way. I was thrilled to hear her say that. I have always found that focusing on my blessings enables me to deal with my most difficult challenges.

Comments

Celeste Maia said…
You were on a teasing mood too, last night. Big important things happened t you yesterday, but you did not want to share them with your readers. That's not fair!
I'm so glad your book is almost a reality, Shari. Soon we will all be reading your book.
So glad you talked with Lilian
Shari said…
I'm sorry if it sounded that way. I had a reason for not sharing something specific. But I didn't say I will never share it! And I can share it with you privately. Send me an email and I will tell you. : )