Sharing a link...

Lights in a Dark Place

I haven't been blogging much lately. As some of you know, I am working on a book about my spiritual journey out of a dark place. It's been all-consuming as I have begun reflecting on my many experiences. At the same time, it's exciting to look back on my journey with the knowledge of where God was leading me the entire time and in full view of where I am today. I am so thankful.

This morning as I wrote about events that occured in my life many years ago, I couldn't hold back the tears. The tears were not about what I'd gone through or the experience I was writing about. They were tears that came from awe and gratitude for the magnitude of God's deliverance in my life and all the things He has taught me through my experiences.

I signed on to respond to Lynda's request for my email address, then decided to click on Danny's blog before disengaging from the computer for a while. And I saw that he had written about his own testimony. I so well remember having to make a decision regarding his schooling and struggling against the pressure I felt to isolate my son from other Christian influences. I knew in my heart that the one thing I never wanted for Danny was an attitude of superiority toward other Christians. I wanted him to be exposed to good Christian people outside of our church and not develop the idea that we were the only "real" Christians God had. I grew up with that attitude all around me and I was totally turned off by it. I wanted something different for my son.

I am so thankful God planted those desires in my heart.

Comments