Arthritis Walk: May 2, 2009

I am helping Anita Pirtle organize the 2009 Rutherford County Arthritis Walk in Murfreesboro this year. It will be from 8:00 to 12:00 (Saturday morning) on May 2. There will even be a dog walk this year. We will have some activities and entertainment, snacks, etc. It's a fun day and such a good cause. Please let me know if you'd like to participate.

Anita's husband, John's business partner and our very close friend, Mark Pirtle, suffers with RA. He was the honoree for this walk a couple of years ago. The Arthritis Foundation helps adults and children with all forms of auto-immune diseases. If you have a friend or family member with an auto-immune disease, we would love for you to come walk in their honor.

The foundation gives a free t-shirt (at the walk) to everyone who raises $100 in donations. But there is no entrance fee to participate in the event or to sign up online. Rutherford County will receive funds from the foundation for every person who registers online. Right now my team consists of John and me, but I would love to see it grow larger. You can also register your own team. Here is a link to the website if you want more information:

2009 Rutherford County Arthritis Walk - May 2, 2009

If you have any questions not answered by visiting the website, please let me know. My email address is ShariLHowerton@aol.com.

Comments