Caesarea



Acts 10:1-2 (NIV)
At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion in what was known as the Italian Regiment. There are other references to Caesarea in Acts, but I love the story of God showing Peter to go to the house of Cornelius. I love it even more now that I have "time traveled" and have stood in the places where these events actually happened.
Every Roman city had a theater and this would have been from the days of Acts (minus the row of blue seats and the lights)...
Some of my traveling buddies...
(Me, Nancy, Kathy, Hazel, Heather and Debbie)


It's hard to convey all of the information we were given as we viewed these sites. I know I can't do it justice, but you can probably Google some of the site names and read about them. The following picture shows a very sophisticated aqueduct system they had. They had to create arches that were precise in their measurements and just slightly sloped for water flow. They accomplished this without any modern technology, obviously, and the result is so exact.

The Roman cities were quite sophisticated and very impressive. I was also amazed at the way they have been excavated. I have so many pictures from this site it's hard not to get carried away. I have also had to publish this post several different times because I kept accidentally deleting pictures when I tried to remove spaces.

There is so much I could say about these pictures. But I'm running short on time after reloading the same pictures over and over. And I'm going to Franklin to see the kids today. So I need to get off the computer. But I may come back later and add some comments.

Comments