We're here!

This has been a great first day. The trip down was fun and passed quickly. We stopped south of Birmingham and had lunch. We were in Destin by 4:30 and were having dinner by 5:00. We are now all settled into the condo. Andrew is in bed and Joshua is playing on the floor with Grandma Marian.

I wasn't going to post anything tonight, but I just read something on another blog I wanted to share. It's from a Tim Keller sermon, explaining the difference between religion and the gospel. I've heard him talk about this in many sermons.

Religion says this:

My self-view swings between two poles. If and when I am living up to my standards, I feel confident, but then I am prone to be proud and unsympathetic to failing people. If and when I am not living up to standards, I feel humble, but not confident -
I feel like a failure.

The Gospel says this:

My self-view is not based on a view of myself as a moral achiever. In Christ I am simultaneously sinful and lost, yet accepted in Christ. I am so bad he had to die for me and I am so loved he was glad to die for me. This leads me to deeper and deeper humility and confidence at the same time. Neither swaggering nor sniveling.

I am so thankful for the Gospel of Christ. I am so thankful my eyes have been opened to the truth. I am so thankful for the peace and assurance that comes through trust in my heavenly Father's love for me.

Comments