Why I haven't been posting

I have been writing a lot the last week or so in other places. So I have neglected my blog. But the truth is, I can only think of one thing right now: the abuses of power in my former church and the people who have been harmed. I don't consider that a particularly uplifting subject, so I haven't wanted to post much while my mind has been so engaged with this situation.

If you saw the news last night, there were stories on channels 4 and 5 about sexual abuse and cover-ups in the church I grew up in. Since the story broke, there have been comments posted on the channel 5 website almost continuously. Here is a link to those comments if you're interested. There are two threads of comments for the same story because it was posted twice; the first time in print only and the second time with video of the story that aired on the 10:00 broadcast. This is the first thread:

News Channel Five Forum

I am so thankful for the people who have posted their experiences (in support of the victims) who have nothing to do with the lawsuits. They just care. I'm very close to several victims and my heart has been torn apart for them as they have struggled to find God's will and do the right thing for the right reasons. One of the victims is my sister-in-law, whom I love like a sister.

I have expressed my thoughts and emotions at length the past few days, on a message board and on the channel five forum. I am emotionally drained. I care so deeply and have felt such outrage for so many years. This week has brought a lot of emotion and a lot of anger to the surface for me. It's impossible to explain to a normal person what it's like to be raised in a place like this and have your concept of God and salvation so contaminated.

I think this is just the beginning of some major exposure for this group. I have no doubt you will be seeing more media coverage on TV and in the newspapers. Please pray for these victims and all the people who are lashing out at them in ignorance of the truth.

Comments