Day Two: Nap Time

We begin the morning with a recital...(the acoustics are great in the empty living room!)

Andrew is enjoying some cinnamon raisin toast and milk. Grandma Shari is feeding him
one bite at a time, that's why you don't see the toast.
At this point in the morning, we are getting along just beautifully!
And then Andrew dares to play with one of Joshua's trains...
So, Andrew just moves happily to a car...
Now we're having lunch. Joshua is telling me his hand is dirty. (He wants to wash his hands every time they touch food -- one would think he was genetically John's.)
Andrew doesn't have this issue. Just keep the food coming!
The family room is a total wreck and I see no reason to straighten up before Monday (though John will probably have everything in its place before bed tonight!).
I am showing Andrew his pictures on my blog.
Ah-oh, more trouble to come. Andrew is helping himself to Joshua's Mighty Bites cereal...
Grandma Shari had to put Joshua in time out for taking
the bowl away and refusing to bring it back.
I could not get an I'm Sorry out of this child after ten minutes in the chair. Although, while I tried to talk to him, he put his arms around me and laid his head on my shoulder. It was as though he was pleading with me not to make him actually say it. Kids are so funny. I think he is worn out from getting to stay up too late (Grandma's fault), so I decided to put him down a little early for his nap and he did not protest one ounce. I said, "Maybe you'll be in a little better mood after you rest for a while." He said, "Yeah." I laid him in the bed, he turned over on his side with Elmo, and said, "I love you, Grandma Shari." He didn't even ask for a story or a song. I thought I would post the pictures I have at this point in the day, since I won't have another chance until they are in bed for the night. Grandma Shari is going to use the next hour and a half wisely. I've already used the first half hour uploading pictures!

Comments