Day Three

We're having another fun day. We are kind of eating on demand today rather than sticking to a schedule. I hope I'm not over-feeding Andrew, but he is constantly asking to eat. He makes the sign language for eat or more (while pointing to or looking longingly at his highchair) almost all the time. But at least he is eating healthy things.

This morning, Joshua was up first and had his milk. Then I checked on Andrew and he was also awake. I brought him down and got his milk for him. Then Joshua asked for yogurt. Well, as soon as Andrew saw Joshua had yogurt, the milk wasn't enough. So Andrew had yogurt, too. He ate all of his and almost finished what Joshua didn't eat. They both also wanted Cheerios and Mighty Bites (dry). They are usually up for about an hour before they eat breakfast (having milk when they wake up). But not today. They both started eating at 7:00.

Andrew eats more than Joshua. Joshua gets bored with his food. Andrew never does. Joshua had some cheese and crackers for a mid-morning snack. Andrew let me know he wanted to eat again, too. (It's obvious.) Joshua tried to share some cheese with him, but he didn't like it. He was putting it on the floor. So I cut up some fruit for him. He just kept asking for more. He consumed almost a whole orange and banana. Grandma Shari had a few bites, so maybe he had 3/4's of each. And he still wanted more, but I made him get down (under protest). He was not happy that I was taking him out of the highchair.

For lunch I made them both French Toast. Joshua ate really well and said, "Grandma Shari, that is the best French Toast I ever had." He's been saying "...I ever had" all weekend. But it was like this, "Those fishies I ever had," and "Those cars I ever had." It wasn't quite making sense until the French Toast. We took them both outside and blew bubbles for a little while, checked out the fish. Andrew goes nuts over the fish. It's really cute when he gets so excited. They are both taking their naps right now, which gives me a few minutes to upload pictures...

As I mentioned, Andrew is really happy when he's eating.
Looks like I forgot this snack...Oatmeal Teddy Grahams. They are delicious, by the way.
"Poppy John! Poppy John! Let's play some hockey! Tay?"
Andrew's favorite sport is climbing under the table.
All dressed now and playing the "panio."

This was funny. Joshua shared completely on his own and Andrew threw it on the floor. I guess it's no fun when done willingly.

Rebecca will be proud of me. Joshua only had one jelly bean yesterday and a couple of them Friday. None today (yet). He hasn't been asking for them (I think he forgets they're there). I bought some Publix sugar cookies, but they have only had one each (while Rebecca was here on Friday). However, there are only four left. So guess who's eating them? Yep. John and me.

John is helping me keep dishes washed. It seems like I'm continually making food and making messes. It's so nice to have him always coming along behind me and cleaning up. I never ask. He just does it. While the kids are sleeping, I'm going to kick back. John went to the grocery store for me. I'm going to make meatloaf, mashed red potatoes, and sauteed mushrooms for dinner. I will probably also make some corn or peas for the kids. I'm trying to get fruits and vegetables into them every day. Andrew's pretty easy. But even Andrew wouldn't eat green beans last night. He did gobble down a whole sweet potato, though.

If you're thinking I sure am going into a lot of detail, I'm doing it for Rebecca. I told her just to check my blog while she's gone for updates and pictures. I like her to know the kids are doing just fine so she can relax and enjoy being away for a few days.

Just before nap time, the kids were crawling around and playing and I was sitting on the floor, with my head on my knees (pretty tired this morning, I admit). Andrew crawled up (more than once), pulled himself up against my legs and gave me several kisses one right after the other. It was so precious. He is such an affectionate kid. Joshua is not so much inclined to give lots of kisses without being asked (although he is pretty free with them when you ask), but he is continually telling me he loves me "so much." No matter how tired I am, I'm really thankful to have all this special time with them. They both seem to feel very much at home.

Joshua said one time this morning, "I need to go to my home for just a minute, Grandma Shari. Tay?" We talked about mommy and daddy coming home tomorrow night. And then it didn't come up again.

Comments

Janette said…
Forget about Rebecca, I'M enjoying the updates and the pictures! LOL Those boys are toooooo adorable! I know I've already said this but they remind me of my boys so much when they were little. They're about the same age difference too. Nick loved Tomas the Tank Engine, could take or leave eating, and wasn't overly affectionate, just like Joshua. And Luke was a marathon eater and was such an affectionate snuggle-bug, just like Andrew. I also dressed them in matching or coordinating shirts too. Visiting this blog is like taking a trip down memory lane for me. ;-)

I'm surprised Joshua doesn't say "I love you Grandma Shari I ever had." :)
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the play by play commentary. It has been so wonderful to be able to know and SEE what you guys have been up to while we've been away. I am so thankful for you guys and really appreciate being able to leave my boys with you and know they are so well taken care of. I am so glad they have been so much fun for you guys. I can't wait to see them (and you) tomorrow night!
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.