Reading to Joshua


What a fun night we have had. Grandma Shari got to bring Joshua home with her to spend the night tonight. We ate cheese toast and pears for dinner while watching American Idol auditions. Joshua was cracking up at all the crazy people who didn't know they couldn't sing. After his dinner was gone, Joshua got some jelly beans from Poppy John. We counted to eleven (many times) for Poppy John. We played with the Thomas Puzzle for a while, then went upstairs to read before bed time. We read four books. And then I sang Jingle Bells to him. It's our little routine whenever I put him down for the night or a nap. He laughs now every time we get to the "laughing all the way" part. He is so cute. Before we went upstairs, I had asked him if he wanted to sleep in his socks so his toes would stay warm and he said no. But after I finished singing, he asked me to go downstairs and get his socks. After several love you's, night-nights, waves and blown kisses, Grandma Shari left Joshua to fall asleep -- promising to watch Mickey Mouse Club in the morning.

We saw The Bucket List Sunday afternoon (great movie, by the way) and I couldn't help thinking on the way home that my bucket list is already a done deal. I love being a grandma to my two adorable little grandsons. I love being Danny's mom and Rebecca's mother-in-law. And I love being Poppy John's wife. Life for me has never been sweeter.

Comments

Anonymous said…
When I called to check on my sweet little Joshua tonight, he sounded like he was in grandma heaven. It is such a blessing knowing that he loves being with his grandma shari and poppy john. thanks for loving my boys so well. Andrew is looking forward to his first camp howerton adventure.
Janette said…
What fun! You're such an awesome Grandma, Shari. But cheese toast and pears for dinner? He might hold that one against you someday. LOL
Danny Bryant said…
i missed him, but i'm glad he had so much fun. thanks for being such a great grandma to the boys. the american idol thing cracks me up. his sense of humor is one of my favorite things about him. you should see him laugh while he watched old mickey mouse cartoons. it is classic.
Shari said…
I offered him all kinds of stuff and he chose. John was making Bruschetta (toasted sourdough with melted mozzarella and Tuscan Bruschetta from Sam's) and a salad for dinner. So I toasted sourdough with melted mozzarella on top for Joshua and gave him some Bruschetta topping to dip in. He loved it. For breakfast I made French Toast. Grandma's House is Joshua's private B & B. ; )
Shari said…
Danny, we are watching those old Mickey Mouse cartoons right now for the second time. We watched the same DVD first thing this morning with Poppy John and Joshua was making US laugh.