On pins and needles

I have been planning my husband's special Christmas gift for six months. And today it will arrive. The bummer of it is that today is also the dealership Christmas party, which I always attend. But if the delivery doesn't arrive before lunch time, I will have to miss it because the delivery requires a signature.

I can't wait to share details and pictures of this one-of-a-kind gift. I will give it to him Christmas Eve night and after that I intend to post something I wrote to go with the gift, along with pictures. It is so cool and probably the best gift I have ever given. I'm quite pleased with myself. However, I don't know how I will ever think of something in the future that comes close to it! It's very sentimental and practical at the same time.

Not that any of you are that interested in John's Christmas gift. But I'm so excited about it, I have to talk about it! My readers are few and close friends, so I know you'll enjoy seeing pictures and reading the story of how this gift evolved. Maybe just slightly less than I will enjoy sharing them! I was telling a friend all about it the other day and she suggested I write a story about it for The Post. So if she thinks the community would find it interesting, I guess my friends might.

I've shown pictures only to Danny. I'm dying to show them to someone else. So I think I will email one of John's brothers. Did I mention I'm really pleased with myself this year? Ha!

Comments