Home Again!

No matter how much you enjoy being gone, there is nothing like coming home to your own surroundings and your own bed! We finally walked through the door at about 10:00 last night and I'm so glad we unpacked and put everything (including the suitcases) away before going to bed. John has been such a good influence on me. He doesn't procrastinate on such things. It once would have taken me days to fully unpack and have everything put away. But since he does all of his unpacking the minute the suitcases hit the floor, I have learned to follow his lead. And it is nice not waking up to suitcases and clothes all over the place.

I am still battling my sinuses, but I think I'm on the down hill slide. I didn't take any decongestant last night and I slept soundly. But I'm still coughing and sniffing. I can't wait to be fully over this. I read this morning on a medical email list I subscribe to that sinus related infections usually last about two weeks whether one takes an antibiotic or not. I came down with laryngitis exactly two weeks ago today and the other symptoms followed. I have discovered one thing I will use from now on. It's called the NeilMed Sinus Rinse. It's similar to a neti pot, I guess. But it's so easy to use. The kit comes with little pre-measured packets of PH balanced salt and baking soda. You fill a little squeeze bottle with warm water and one packet, then lean over the sink and squeeze the solution into one nostril and then the other. It just runs through and it feels good; very soothing. I've been using it morning and night and it really clears the sinuses. The package says it will reduce/prevent sinus infections if used regularly (like brushing your teeth). I just thought I'd pass that along, since it's flu and cold season! I wouldn't have even known it existed if someone hadn't shared with me. John picked it up at a Walgreens and said it was easy to find.

I weighed this morning. I'm up three pounds. I'm not surprised.

I finished reading "Humility; True Greatness" by C. J. Mahaney on the plane last night. I love this book. It's small - only 174 pages and not a full size hard back. So it doesn't take long to finish. I read more than half of it during the flight. But it packs in a powerful message and one I will read over and over again. I can't recommend it enough. I kept thinking what a great gift it would be and how much I'd love to give a copy to everyone on my Christmas list. There were many parts of it I could comment on and probably will in future posts.

Comments