Wrap Experiments

I really like the Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat tortillas. They are loaded with fiber and are lower in carbs. So I used one of them to make a wrap with Peppered Smoked Turkey (Boar's Head), avocado, cherry tomato halves, spinach leaves, a little salt and about a tsp. of mayonnaise for lunch. It was delicious and very filling.

Last night I made another wrap. Tuna salad sounded good to me, but I didn't want the mercury. I had read that canned wild salmon is much better for you. So I experimented. I bought a can of wild salmon, no skin or bones, and I used it in place of canned tuna. I added some Canola Mayo, a little pickle relish and diced celery. It was actually very good. I put the salad, halved cherry tomatoes and spinach leaves in the wrap. And that was my dinner. I'm not sure what triggered this wrap kick. Sometimes I just have ideas in the grocery store.

I also bought a new flavor of South Beach high protein cereal bars today. Triple Nut. They are the best ones I've tried so far. Really good. I don't care for the peanut butter flavor. The chocolate ones are better, but not nearly as good as the Triple Nut.

Just thought I'd share my discoveries.

Comments