Up one pound today

I weighed this morning. I am one pound heavier than I was Friday morning (the last time I weighed). I did not exercise all weekend. And I had one full blown splurge on Sunday night. But I also had a few bites of carrot cake at the party and a few bites of dessert Friday night. So I technically went off my diet the entire weekend, even though I did it in moderation up until the decision to have the full blown Italian feast on Sunday night. I was pleased that I was only up one pound this morning (128.6). If I maintain this weight, I will be very happy. But my goal is still 125. I just don't care how long it takes to get there now that I have gotten below 130.

What I like about this diet is that I know to avoid certain foods. But other than those foods, I can eat what sounds good to me. For instance, chili is allowed even on phase one. I couldn't eat a chicken breast every night or an omelet every morning. But I can eat things like chili and minestrone frequently because they have a lot of flavor. I also eat a lot of salads with protein added (in the form of kidney beans, hard boiled eggs or chicken breast). There are lots of restaurants where I can stay on my diet and still have something that actually tastes good. And I don't have to count calories or grams of anything. This is the first actual diet I have ever successfully followed. And today is the beginning of my fourth week of eating this way.

Comments