You are going to hurt hard on some days...


This is not my favorite day of the year. It may be my least favorite, at this point. But even through my tears, I am deeply grateful for my blessings. They far outweigh my sorrows. I do not have everything I want. I struggle with loss and grief. But I have an abundance of love in family and friends. I have the love and devotion of my strong and steady husband. And I am loved by my heavenly Father, who sees every tear and cares when I'm hurting. I have hope in His ability to heal and restore what feels lost. And on this day I remember a scripture that a former Lipscomb professor quoted to me when I shared the news of my engagement in 2003. Knowing I had previously been in an abusive relationship for 27 years, he looked at my glowing face and my engagement ring and said these words (from Joel 2:25), which I will never forget...

"I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten..."

I thought of that scripture when I read "flowers where there used to just be wasteland."

Happy Mother's Day to you, from my heart to yours. If you are hurting today, I wish you healing and comfort and hope. Healing for wounds. Comfort for sorrows. Hope in God's promise that He is working all things for the good of those who love Him.


Comments