Psalm 9:10

I never do the "open Bible, put finger on verse" thing anymore. There was too much of that in my past. But as soon as I finished writing the blog post about my mom, I made myself a cup of coffee and started reading in Psalms (where I had left off last night). Saying this could give the impression that I am an avid Bible reader. And the truth is, I'm struggling to keep up with my goal of reading daily this year. I am so undisciplined and easily distracted.

Last night, John asked me where I was in my reading, adding, "Slacker" to the question (because he has been diligent and I have been so inconsistent). He is in the Psalms, so I just began reading in Psalms and telling myself that what matters is that I'm reading (not which part I am reading).

Anyway, when I read Psalm 9:10, I felt like God was speaking to me in direct response to the questions I blogged about concerning my mom. And it was comforting on this day. And I have to share it.

Those who know Your name trust in You
because You have not abandoned those who seek You, LORD.

Comments