Celebrating Happy Feet & Nine Years of Bliss!

Today I am 12 weeks out from surgery on both feet to remove Morton's Neuromas. I stood in the kitchen for hours yesterday and baked. By last night my feet were starting to feel sore. So I expected to pay the consequences today of overdoing yesterday. But to my surprise, they felt fine this morning. This is definitely the most normal my feet have felt. I know I can still expect more ups and downs as far as swelling and soreness for a while. But it has been a pleasant surprise not to have bigger consequences from yesterday. I even decided to give myself a pedicure for my upcoming trip to the beach. I'm taking my grandsons, three nieces and a nephew (as well as my daughter-in-law and sister-in-law). So I thought I'd be silly and give myself glittery, beachy toes.


My healed incisions are barely visible in my sandals. But here's how they are looking at 12 weeks post-op.

(I thought I was done posting pictures, but my blog is getting a lot of hits from neuroma surgery searches. So I'll keep sharing how I'm doing for a while.)




I've been massaging vitamin e oil and Mederma into my feet regularly. I think they are looking a lot better. I carry a sunscreen stick in my purse so that I can apply and reapply sunscreen to my scars when wearing sandals. It's amazing how much better I feel every time I give myself a fresh pedicure.

I can't wait to put these toes in the sugar white sand of PCB next week! And I can't wait to see my grandkids, nieces and nephew! I'm so glad I was able to have this surgery three months prior to our beach trip. I have only been riding my semi-recumbent bike so far, but I feel like I am going to be able to use the elliptical in the resort fitness room.

This is a special week in my life for another reason, too.

Nine years ago today, I saw John's profile and picture for the very first time on match.com. Nine years from tomorrow, we had our first phone conversation. And nine years from Thursday we had our first date. My life has been nothing short of amazing ever since!

In some ways, it's hard to believe it's been nine years already. In other ways, it seems like I've known and loved him my whole life. I think John expressed it best when he said, several years ago, "We are high school sweethearts who just didn't meet until we were 44 and 49."

I love celebrating our first date. I love reflecting on how clueless I was that night about what an important person in my life I had just met. It wasn't long after that when I began to realize how special he was. But that first meeting, I just thought we'd be friends. As it turned out, he would become the very best friend I have ever had. Nobody has ever loved me so much or so well as my wonderful, amazing, sweet, funny, generous and handsome husband.

I love you to the moon and back, Poppy John!
I'm so thankful you were a part of God's plan for my life!

So thankful you were a part of God's plan for OUR lives! 

Comments

Bonnie said…
Awww....Happy Ninth-First-Date Anniversary! I know many people who have found their sweetheart on-line. Have a wonderful time at the beach with your grand kids. That picture is precious.

After nearly three months (!) of insurance red tape, scans, biopsy's and blood work, today I finally received an email from my Drug Trial Coordinator saying that I can start my CAL-101 trial next Wednesday. God is good, but boy, does he work in *His* time! I feel like I've just run a marathon. I can't wait for some relief from these enlarged lymph nodes. Thank you for lifting me up in prayer, Shari!

Power To The Pedicure! ;)