In my inbox today . . .

"Crucifixion is the result of our decision to yield ourselves to God as He allows various pressures and problems and pain into our lives. They are used to put us to death that we might be raised to an abundant . . . victorious . . . blessed
. . . fruitful . . . powerful . . . Christlike . . . Spirit-filled life. And remember - after the Cross comes the resurrection and the glory!"
~Anne Graham Lotz

I am feeling the pressure and the pain, the worries and the fears. But I am trying to trust God with every ounce of strength I have.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. ~Romans 8:28

Comments

justme said…
I like that quote. But notice she says "yield", not "try to." It's when I've come to the end of myself, realizing that my faith and trust is weak, and have just rested in Him that I've finally felt the unfathomable peace He promised us in Phil 4:7. So don't "try" — "rest." :) Easier said than done, I know. Continuing to pray for you guys.
Shari said…
Sally, that is such an important distinction. Thank you for reminding me. My upbringing and all those years of conditioning have caused me to view everything in terms of effort and performance, rather than rest. In my head, I do not believe in the "pull yourself up by your own bootstraps" philosophy. But I sometimes live and think as though I do. I needed to read this comment. I am really struggling and not resting. I am asking God to help me to help John because I am continually trying to imagine being in his place right now. It's brutal enough being in mine, but the really intense hurting I'm struggling with right now is for him even more than for myself. And I can't seem to find rest. But maybe I just needed the reminder. I can't tell you how many times my son has used that word when encouraging me through painful struggles. Thank you so much for your love, support and prayers. In the midst of all of this, I am so aware of my blessings.
Libby said…
Fall on the rock, rest in the hiding place.

Where do I go Lord,
When there's nobody else to turn to.
Who do I talk to, when nobody seems to listen.
Who do I lean on, when there's no foundation that's stable,
I go to the Rock, I know He's able, I go to the Rock.

Hearing it and experiencing it are two different things.
It takes a lifetime to experience it and this is one of those opportunities. He will not fail you. I know he won't. He hears you.

In prayer,
Libby
Danny Bryant said…
grace and peace.

we love you.