Ridin' the Coaster to the top...

Just thought I would let my faithful readers know that I feel so much better tonight than I did earlier today. I just have those moments and for some reason it helps me to write it down and share it with someone who cares. One of my dearest friends, Karen, called me after reading my blog today and we just talked. I was glad she had already read my ramblings because then I didn't have to whine (as much) on the phone to her. But she is also overwhelmed with stress (just different from mine) and we commiserated about our collective lack of festive moods this year.

I got practically nothing accomplished the first half of the day. But about 2:00 I worked up the energy to get on my exercise bike. This afternoon I made flyers for Hastings to promote the book signing and dropped them off. And I put another book in the mail to someone I don't know (I love getting book orders from people who don't know me because that means someone has suggested they read it).

My sweet husband came home early and announced he was going to go to the Christmas program with me. It took me about ten minutes to realize I suddenly didn't care about going at all. I knew he was doing it for me. So I asked, "Now that you are home and sitting comfortably on the couch, would you just love to stay in for the rest of the evening and not go anywhere?" He looked at me like he was trying to decide what he SHOULD say in response. I told him I really didn't care if we missed the concert and I would be just as content to stay home together. He said, "You mean you're not going to go without me?" And I said, "No. And I promise I don't care." His hesitation told me all I needed to know. I said, "I appreciate you wanting to make me happy, but I don't want you to do this for me. I really think we should stay home tonight." And so we did. And it's been a lovely evening. Except that I ate a plate of nachos with shredded beef and guacamole -- and I am mad at myself for that. But otherwise, I can't believe how much better I feel than I did this morning.

After our conversation about staying home, John hugged me and said, "Thank you for taking such good care of me." Those words never fail to put a big old smile on my face.

Comments