Our doctor's visit today...

I am extremely happy to report that John's blood was better than we expected today. His neutrophils are almost normal and he was severely neutropenic just last week. This means that he is not as severely immuno-compromised today as he was a week ago. When we left the doctor's office last week, Dr. Flinn told John to take his temperature three times a day and if it rose even slightly, he was to call the office immediately. But his white count and neutrophils have rebounded.

A few years ago, I had no idea what neutropenia was. But I had to be a fast learner once we got this diagnosis.

We are still going to stay home for Thanksgiving. I think it was the right decision. John needs to rest more than he needs to party. And this way we know we won't be exposing him to any infection unknowingly. But I can't tell you how relieved I am that his counts have bounced back so well. That means he will be able to take his next treatment right on schedule next week. And he wants to get the last three rounds behind him as soon as possible. We are hoping there won't be any delays because of dangerously low counts. If we stay on schedule, his last treatment will be the last week of January.

For those of you checking, I just wanted to post the good news. And Marian is doing so well that she doesn't have to go back for six months.

Comments