UPDATE: BREAKING THE CHAINS


There have been a few delays with the book cover. The finishing touches have taken longer than expected, but my cover designer has been working diligently to get it finished this week. (The above is a sneak peek at the work in progress -- just the title portion of the cover.) I expect to have the finished product by Saturday. I plan to submit the book to the online publisher the same day I have the finished cover.

I know some of you have been checking my blog, expecting to see a release date by now. I apologize for the delays. I have learned a lot about this process. For one thing, editing and revising the book has taken far longer than it took to write it. Making sure everything is just right at the very end is a killer. And I guess it's kind of the same way with the cover.

My cover artist has done the cover for me as a gift, since book sales are as yet to be determined. My financial goal has simply been to recover my investment. I began writing from the desire to help others by sharing my testimony. There is a definite investment (in addition to time) in producing a book. She understood that and wanted to help me. This is a very generous gift of her time, talent and effort. Therefore, I have not wanted to be demanding or impatient because that would certainly not convey my deep gratitude for her generosity. I am very thankful for her contribution to this project and I want her to know it.

The minute I have the cover, I am submitting the book to the online publisher. Since it is done electronically, I can do that any day of the week. When I have submitted it, I will post an announcement. According to the publisher, the process from submission to publication is about two weeks. It takes several additional weeks for the book to be available through other distributors (like Amazon), but I am planning to order 250 books to sell and ship personally through my website. I will only increase that number if I pre-sell more books in the next two weeks than I expect to. The books that have been pre-ordered will obviously be the first delivered.

Thank you for being so patient. Some of you purchased your books in July, when I expected this book to be published by the end of August. I am sorry it has taken this long.

Comments