If you want a glimpse into what I came out of...

Click Here

The above link will take you to the blog of a prominent minister in the religious cult I grew up in. Since I discovered his blog earlier this year, I have occasionally read just to see what all he is saying openly on any given day. He does not welcome comments from people who do not "follow" him and his teachings (or appreciate what he has to say). He has, in the past, even deleted comments that put him on the spot and challenged him openly (though the questions were asked very respectfully).

There are any number of blog posts you could read to see that everything I describe in my upcoming book is the truth (about the group). But I thought I would just share the most recent example. You might find it interesting.

In recent months, he has been specifically upset about and aggressively challenging the drastic changes in my former church (CGT) on dress codes. He explains in this post that the calling of their particular group is to produce a first resurrection church, not second resurrection church. (You will understand his thinking on that better once you have read the book.)

Although I disagree with him on many of his convictions, the one thing I will say for this man is that he is at least willing to say honestly and in public view what he truly believes. The only time I witnessed him not be forthcoming was when he was asked about a specific incident of covering up child abuse. The person identified themself by first and last name and asked a question about why something was handled a certain way. They asked in the most respectful and gracious manner, not showing the slightest disrespect or contempt. They just asked for an answer. That was when all the comments were deleted and the man decided not to allow comments from people who were not his followers. You can read the whole discussion that led to the deletions here.

Comments