The book has been submitted!

I completed the submission process today for my book,
Breaking the Chains.

In 3-5 days I will receive three proof copies (for myself and two others) to review one last time for any printing errors. Once the final proof is done and any needed corrections are made, I will order my first shipment of books. It's possible that I could have books in as little as two weeks. Distributors like Amazon.com won't have the book on their sites as soon as I will. It can take six to eight weeks longer for the retail outlets to stock the book.

It has been just about nine months to the day since I began writing. I didn't document the date, but I do remember it vividly. And I know it was mid-January. I started out sitting at my little kitchen desk with my old laptop. Within just a few weeks, John surprised me with a new laptop (an early birthday gift) and I moved from the kitchen desk to a recliner in my family room. There were days I never even got dressed and even more days that I didn't leave the house. I was so consumed with writing some days that I would even forget to eat or drink!

Everyone who has taken a look at my cover thinks it is not only beautiful and eye-catching, but the perfect image for the message of this book.

It's hard to believe this day has finally come.

Comments

Susan Steen said…
It is such a beautiful cover, and is so appropriate for the story that must lie within its pages. I'm so excited for you, and so proud of you for getting through this wonderful time of discovery, growth, and healing.