Glad this weekend is over...

I don't have time to write much this morning, but wanted to just post a short update. Although I would definitely not go as far as to say John is feeling good, he is some better today. He has been on the anti-nausea meds for over 24 hours now and they have taken the edge off his nausea. I also convinced him to take an Ativan before bed so he would sleep. He took it easy this morning and although he did insist on going to work, he left a little later than he normally would. I'm hopeful he will not try to be there for a full day.

The best thing I have to report is that I could tell a difference in his lymph nodes this morning. They are definitely starting to go down. Praise God!

I hate that he has to go through this from now through February! But I'm thankful that we are seeing some quick results. Please pray that they are not just quick, but long lasting. The scariest thought for me is that his remission won't be a long one. I'm trying not to even think about that. So pray for me that I won't project. Next to watching my husband suffer, the fear of the unknown is definitely the hardest part of this.

I have felt your prayers all weekend. I'm so thankful for all of my caring friends and family members.

Comments

Randy Shannon said…
Shari,

I am glad to hear that John's lymph nodes are oing down- seems to indicate the chemo is doing it's job.

I will continue to pray for a good response and a peaceful heart.

God Bless,
Shari said…
Thank you, Randy!