Saturday morning...

John is doing well. They will take the catheter out today at some point and he can't wait. I have never had one. It does not look comfortable, to say the least.

I needed to correct two things this morning. I learned that I had spelled stint wrong. So I fixed that in my previous post. LOL. The other is my understanding of the "narrowing" Dr. Cleveland showed and explained to me. It is not at the opening of his kidney. It's in the tube that goes from the kidney to the bladder. But this tube forms as the kidneys develop in the womb. The narrowing has probably always been there, but was made worse by the stone. It was stuck. I asked about it because John reminded me that the scan had shown the stone in the tube, not in the kidney. So I told Dr. Cleveland I guess I hadn't fully grasped what he had explained to me. He drew me a nice picture and now it all makes sense.

I don't know why I'm this way, but I need to understand everything and want all the details. I know that not everyone is "in the details" the way I am and for those people, I realize I give too much information. So feel free to skim. : ) My feeling is that you might learn something reading this that will benefit you in a future experience; either your own or a loved one's.

I so appreciate your prayers and concern for us. John's kidney is functioning better, but it's not where it needs to be to go home. So he will definitely be spending one more night. But he's been sitting up in a chair ever since I got here at 8:00 AM.

Comments