Another great day in Barbados...

Last night's sunset from our balcony...

Today we toured a wildlife reserve and Harrison's Cave.


I'm so glad we came to Barbados. This is an incredible island. I wasn't thrilled with our first room, but I love the room they changed us to and the bed is much better, too. Our balcony and view are amazing. The food has been good. And it's been just the right balance of relaxing and sightseeing. We saw some of the areas where the rich and famous play today...very beautiful!

The only thing I'm getting a little burned out on is rum punch. They offer it everywhere...even at the wild life reserve!

Tonight we are dining on the beach. Every night they serve a gourmet meal to twenty couples right on the beach. They call it "Water's Edge." There are only two seatings of ten tables; the first at 6:30 and the second at 8:30. You have to make reservations, of course. And we did that the first day we arrived. We are in the second seating. We got to see tonight's menu a few minutes ago. I think John is having pork loin and grilled asparagus. I will be having breaded tiger prawns and roasted vegetable risotto.

We leave Friday, so tomorrow is our last full day. We are just going to hang out and relax; spend some time on the beach or by the pool. We haven't snorkeled yet and there is a ship wreck just off our beach that is supposed to be great for snorkeling. I'm not sure I can get John in the ocean, though. He doesn't seem too enthusiastic about the idea. And I'm not going without him.

For our last dinner in Barbados, we are going to a world renowned restaurant called The Cliff. It's rated number one in Barbados. A couple we met here at the resort said that a friend of theirs, who travels a lot and has eaten in fine restaurants all over the world, told them that The Cliff is the best restaurant he has ever eaten in. I'll let you know if I agree. Of course, I certainly have not traveled the world. But I have eaten in a lot of great restaurants!

This has been a very memorable fiftieth birthday celebration. I have the most amazing husband in the world. He is SO good to me (better than I deserve). The other night when we were at the Harbor Lights dinner show, he said nonchalantly, "Oh, I keep forgetting to tell you about the rest of your 50th birthday celebration." I said, "There's more?" And he said, "Yeah, we're going to see Elton John and Billy Joel Saturday night."

Comments

Deb Light said…
I sooooooooo enjoyed all your pictures.Makes me want to be there!Enjoy your last day and that famous resturant and then the Billy Joel,Elton John concert!You are being so pampered and you deserve every bit of it!!

Love Ya,
Deb