Fall Mums

I took a couple of pictures this afternoon of our mums. We planted them last year and they have been growing as green shrubs ever since their first small blooms. They have burst into vibrant color over the last couple of weeks. There is a little planter area above the pond waterfall and these were just tiny shrubs when we planted them. I had no idea they would be this huge one year later.
I have said this before, but if you would have told me less than ten years ago that I would ever be growing thirty-plus pots of flowers and herbs on my back porch, I would have gotten quite a chuckle out of the thought. Last weekend I was making bruschetta for Danny and Rebecca with some of my fresh basil. I've been making it so often, the leaves on my basil plants had not had time to grow very large before I was picking them off again. So I said, "I'm going to have to plant more basil next year." To which Danny replied, "Oh, the things I never thought I would hear my mother say."

Comments