Heading for the beach!

We are hitting the road for Destin this morning. I'm taking my laptop. This means, in addition to a few posts, you will probably be seeing some pictures of my beautiful little grandsons in the days to come.

I just got on the scale and I have managed to drop three pounds. I've really been trying to cut back. I have no illusions of losing weight this week, I just hope to keep from putting any on. We have a nice work out room at the condo and I will be exercising daily.

I went to morning prayer again yesterday. As I was getting ready for bed Thursday night, I was thinking about whether or not I would get up and go. And I just said a short prayer that if God wanted me to go, He would wake me up. I didn't set the alarm and I would have to be out the door by 6:15 to be there on time. He woke me up at 5:00. And I knew it was an answer to my prayer, because I have consistently been sleeping until 6:00 lately. I get so much out of going to this prayer group. It's a real blessing. I'm so glad I got up and went!

We're going to leave by 9:00 and I still have a little packing to do. So I shouldn't be on the computer. But I hate to go too many days without posting something and I haven't had time to write while I've been getting ready for the trip.

I wanted to share this song by Steven Curtis Chapman. I was listening to it in my car yesterday. I love these lyrics and just thought I would share them this morning. They speak my heart. My life is truly a miracle of God's mercy.

Miracle of Mercy (Steven Curtis Chapman)

If the truth was known and a light was shown
On every hidden part of my soul
Most would turn away, shake their head and say,
he still has such a long way to go
If the truth was known you'd see that the only good in me
Is Jesus, oh it's Jesus

If the walls could speak of the times I've been weak
When everybody thought I was strong
Could I show my face if it weren't for the grace
Of the one who's known the truth all along
If the walls could speak they'd say that my only hope is the grace
Of Jesus, the grace of Jesus

But, oh the goodness and the grace in Him
He takes it all and makes it mine and causes His light in me to shine
And he loves me with a love that never ends
Just as I am not as I do
Could this be real, could this be true
This could only be a miracle
This could only be the miracle of mercy

Comments