Checking in...

For any of you who may have been worried about me lately, I just want to say that I have been feeling so much better the last couple of days. This is Day Three of feeling like my old self after three weeks of feeling bad almost every day. I did some reading yesterday about anxiety and depression symptoms. And to my surprise, I don't have any classic symptoms of either other than a lot of crying and feeling overwhelmed lately. Since there have been some pretty big reasons for this, I'm concluding that I have been experiencing situational anxiety proportionate to my stress at the moment.

Danny, Rebecca, Joshua and Andrew are coming out tomorrow to spend the day and I am really looking forward to that. Those boys are great therapy and can always put a smile on Grandma Shari's face!

My small group will be arriving at 6:00 this evening and we are starting a new book; "Respectable Sins: Confronting the sins we tolerate" by Jerry Bridges. I recently read his book, "The Discipline of Grace" and got so much out of it. So I am looking forward to sharing highlights from this book on my blog.

Another book I am almost finished reading is "Why we're not Emergent (by two guys who should be)" written by Kevin Deyoung and Ted Kluck. It's a very informative book on the Emergent Church movement. There were several good quotes I thought about sharing, but failed to mark them as I was reading. One really stood out to me in light of many recent events and the accompanying stress. It was on the subject of authenticity. Here is the quote:

"Authentic is bearing one another's burdens."

I think this meant so much to me because this is a time when so many are holding me up in love and prayer and I am trying to do the same for them. I am thankful for the deliverance God has brought to my life. And I'm thankful every day that I have friends who have also been delivered alongside me. I feel more bonded to some of you (that I grew up with) than I ever did before our deliverance. Others of you (whom I have not grown up with) have become equally precious friends to me. And I know the friendship will be lifelong.

This is quite a journey we are on. And I can't imagine my journey without any one of you.

Comments