Blessings

As I mentioned in my last post, I kept my youngest grandson, Andrew, overnight Friday and all day yesterday. He is such a sweetie-pie. Whenever I have one of those boys, the rest of the world stops and every minute is all about them. They are my little buddies and two of my biggest blessings in life. I love being their grandma. Here are a couple of cute pictures I took of Andrew yesterday.



I thought I had better add that I did not feed Andrew all those peas in the picture. I was letting him play and practice feeding himself. For every one that got into his mouth, two went on the floor or in his bib.

We delivered Andrew to his mommy and daddy last night at Dee Dee's 60th birthday party. Some of the new pictures on my blog were taken at the party. It was so great seeing everyone.

I am so thankful for the people God has placed in my life. I love my husband, my kids and my friends so, so much. And I feel so loved by all of them. I feel more loved and valued than I have ever felt at any other time in my life. I left the party last night in a warm glow of gratitude for the life God has given me. I often reflect on where my life was ten years ago and where I am today. And I am awed by God's mercy and faithfulness.

I have reached a place in my life where I know who my true friends are. I have true friends who have come into my life just in the last five years. And I have true friends who go back to my childhood. I have friends whose journeys have been very different from mine and friends who share the common thread of a unique history. I have friends who have only known me as Shari Howerton. And I have friends whom I've been close to through almost every chapter of my life. Each friend enhances my life in a special way. And I would have to say that even the friends who are no longer present in this season of my life are extremely important to me and will always be irreplaceable as individuals. I'm thankful they were once a part of my life.

We may not enjoy a lifetime connection to every friend, but each friendship (even those that come to an end) God gives us along the way adds something valuable to our journey. And there is always the hope that a once lost friendship may someday be renewed. We serve a God of redemption and restoration. I am living proof of that.

In my mind, the closest thing to heaven that God allows us to experience on earth is our connectedness with others. Our marriages were intended by God to be an earthly representation of the relationship between Jesus and the Church. How we love and treat each other should reflect our love for God. And I believe that relationships with others will be as much a part of heaven as they are a part of life on earth, only better.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.