No deep thoughts tonight...

I haven't posted in several days. But my last one was SO long, I didn't think anybody would be disappointed. : )

I don't have any deep thoughts to share tonight. I know what a shock that must be to my few readers! But I wanted to blog something. So here I am, sitting on the couch with my laptop and my feet propped up on the coffee table -- because they hurt.

I worked all day Thursday at our new Stein Mart's grand opening. I was only asked to work a three hour shift. So I thought my boots would be comfortable enough. They are comfortable boots with a medium heel. Well, it was so hectic and busy, I wound up staying and working in the boutique dressing room helping customers until 6:00 pm. I went in at 9:30. The balls of my feet still ache. I was on my feet the entire day. I will be wearing either flats or very cushioned soles whenever I work from now on!

I have never worked in retail. And my sole motivation for doing it now was purely and simply the employee discount. I am very part time (as are all boutique ladies); I will probably only work three or four days a month. But I had so much fun and I have made a bunch of new girlfriends. I can tell I will look forward to my days in the boutique.

Sunday night we (the employees) get an extra ten percent discount (above our normal discount) and the store will be closed to the public so we can shop from 6:00 to 9:00. I have already put five pairs of shoes aside.

For anyone who cares how I'm doing with my recent lifestyle changes...

I finally broke the 129 plateau. I have continued to limit starches and sugar. I did indulge in a small portion of risotto last Saturday night and a couple of pieces of bruschetta. I haven't been perfect, but I'm eating much differently from my usual habits. We went to dinner in Nashville one night this week at Tin Angel and their rolls are unbelievably good. I would have thought nothing of having two of them prior to learning about "bad carbs." I decided they smelled so good, I wanted a taste. But I only had half a roll. I had a few extra carbs on Sunday, too. But I kept it within reason and did not gain an ounce. These are the kinds of changes that have resulted in lost pounds. I've been pretty good all week and this morning I weighed 127.4. I'm only trying to maintain this weight now, but I won't be upset if I lose a couple more. I never did indulge in that Belgian Hazelnut Coffee, by the way. But I have considered it every morning. The problem is that I have become educated on the benefits of stabilizing my blood sugar first thing in the morning, so now the decision is about more than just calories. Honestly, I don't know what has gotten into me. But I hope it stays.

Comments