Weary Pilgrim Returns From Holy Land!

It will take days and days for me to share about our trip to Israel. As you know, I am not one to leave out details. And I have over 600 pictures! I won't post all of them here, but I'll definitely pick out some good ones.

I'm really exhausted right now, but just wanted to say we're home. From the time we left the hotel for the airport in Tel Aviv yesterday to when we pulled back into the church parking lot where we left our car, we had traveled for just over 24 hours. Our Tel Aviv to Newark flight was delayed by computer problems (after we boarded) for about two hours. So we missed our connecting flight and had a longer layover in Newark.

The trip was absolutely amazing. I am so thankful we had the opportunity to do this and we are looking forward to going back again. I have learned so much and I know that reading my Bible will never be the same. Actually, even watching the news will never be the same.

I don't know if I will be be able to find anyone who actually wants to see ALL of my pictures, but when you are standing in front of thousands of years of history, it's hard to ever feel like you've captured what you're seeing. I really wish I could share all the mini-sermons we got from Allen at the different sites. We had church at the Garden Tomb and several other places. Also, John and I were baptized in the Jordan River.

I have gotten my second wind and I'm going to pick up a few things from Publix before starting to unpack and do laundry. I don't feel like leaving the house and if I don't do it right now, I won't. We are hoping to keep ourselves awake until it's actually bedtime (even though we have been eight hours ahead for over a week). John is going to the dealership for a little while. And I'm going to try to keep myself busy. I might even get on the treadmill before I start to collapse.

Just thought I would say hello since I never posted anything while we were gone. We did not have a business center at all of our hotels and, even when we did, there was no time to sit in front of a computer. What little down time we had, we were tired and in our room. We packed so much into every moment. And at the end of every day, I realized I could never condense even one day into a single post. My head was swimming from information overload at times. I cannot believe how much I have learned. I hope I can retain it. And that is one of the things I hope to accomplish by writing on my blog about it.

But I know I'm going to crash soon, so I need to do the mundane task of grocery shopping before anything else!


Anonymous said…
I am so happy you are home! I can't wait to read about your trip!

Love you much

Shari said…
Thanks, Rachel. It's good to be home. I'll be glad when I get over the jet lag and the time difference. I'm looking forward to sharing as many details as I can remember and lots of pictures. I only posted two today, but there will be many more than that from here on! I'm going to see the kids tomorrow, though.

I love you too! And thanks for leaving a comment. :D
Shari- what amazing pictures!
I love reading your accounts of things- you have amazing way with words :)