Thanks for your comments!

Last night John walked into the room, saw me here again with my laptop and asked, "Darling, are you still sharing pictures with the world?" I said, "You know I am!"

I want to insert a little note (between picture posts) to those of you who are reading my blog regularly. I really appreciate the comments you've made here, in instant messages and in emails. It takes quite a bit of time to upload these pictures and it means a lot to me to know that so many of you are enjoying them and not losing interest. I realized this morning that I am still not even halfway through my pictures. But I took a lot of pictures in Jerusalem and I won't try to share all of them; just the best ones.

My hope is that seeing these pictures will inspire others to make this trip. I still can't believe I was there. It was the trip of my lifetime. And I will not hesitate to go back when the opportunity arises. I never felt afraid. I never felt in harm's way. Of course, we know that we can be in harm's way at any given time and in any given place. But so many people are reluctant to visit Israel because they believe it's dangerous. It wasn't like that. And it certainly did not feel like a war zone.

Danger is everywhere and I know there are additional tensions in this part of the world. But for such a turbulent place, I felt an incredible peace and tranquility the whole time we were there. I can't really describe it, but I know that others who have been understand and felt the same way. I can't imagine having the opportunity to see the places of the Bible in person and passing that up.

This was not a trip, it was a spiritual experience that I will treasure for the rest of my life. I am thankful for so many blessings as we approach our national day of Thanksgiving this week. And one of my greatest blessings was having the privilege of going to Israel and going with such a very special group of people. As I upload these photos, I cherish my memories more than I can say.

So, thank you for sharing this experience with me and letting me know you are enjoying the pictures and my testimony. Some people like to poke fun at me for being so expressive and writing such long posts. I can handle being teased and I can laugh at myself. I know I can be pretty amusing at times. But hearing from those of you who are not bored by what I write and are loving the pictures means a great deal to me and assures me that I'm not wasting my time.

Comments