A few more pictures from Mt. Carmel and Caesarea

I just realized that I accidentally deleted a couple of pictures of the Jezreel Valley. When uploading pictures to this blog, spaces get added to the post and I have to delete them before publishing. But it is very easy to delete a picture in this process and in this case I didn't notice I had done that. So rather than add it to the previous post, I'm just going to publish a few more shots of the view...then on to Megiddo.


This is another picture from Caesarea. I realized this morning that I hadn't shared this one of the Hippodrome. This is the arena where they held chariot races.
 
The above says, "At the end of the first century BCE, King Herod built a large hippodrome close to the sea. This promenade was built on the western part of the hippodrome. Opposite, one can see the seats and the remains of the stage, from which the city rulers and dignitaries watched the contests."
 
 
I have so many pictures that I can't post them all. It would become laborious for those viewing. In some cases, I have a hard time remembering everything I took pictures of. There have been a few pictures that I've looked at and wondered, "What is this?" or "Why did I take so many pictures of this location or these rocks?" When you are hearing the significance of a site, you think you will remember every detail by looking at your pictures. But it's impossible. You are touring over four thousand years of history and even if you are a sponge (as I was), you won't retain every detail. That's why I bought several books (including two authored by our guide).

Comments