I have to tell someone!

I thought that subject line would be funny and just couldn't resist. Actually, this post is about food.

Rebecca, the boys and I had lunch at Cozymel's in Cool Springs today. I love their tableside-fresh guacamole. I have always been curious about their fish tacos, but have never ordered them. So I asked the server how he would rate them and he said, a) he was from CA and b) they are the best you can get in TN. Today's fresh fish was mahi mahi. And our server recommended ordering them blackened. So I went with his suggestion. It was a good decision. And not much makes me happier than having ordered the right thing. (I'm miserable if somebody else makes a better selection from the menu.)

OH MY GOODNESS! They were SO, SO delicious! I told Rebecca that when I have a meal that fantastic, I just feel like I have to tell someone about it (hence, my subject line). She says I am so much fun to eat with. LOL.

When I have something that is beyond good, I'm known for describing it as the best _____ (fill in the blank) I've ever tasted. When it's even better than that, I can't remember anything I've ever had that I've enjoyed more. And that was how I felt about today's lunch.

If you like fish tacos and fresh guacamole, don't drive past Cozymel's when in Cool Springs. I doubt I will ever order anything else on their menu from now on. They were that yummy. I'll be skipping dinner tonight because I had two and a half tacos and plenty of chips and guacamole. But I'm already looking forward to my next visit.

I feel better now that I've shared.

John doesn't read my blog. He's too busy. But if he were to read this, he would say, "You're such a weirdo." I would laugh and say, "Yeah, but I'm so much fun to eat with!" He says he's never met anybody who loves food as much as I do. (He needs to watch Andrew eat lately.)

Call me if you want to go to Cozymel's. If I can fit it into my busy schedule (ha ha), I'll be happy to meet you there!

Comments

Janette said…
Yeah, you're a ton of fun to eat with IF you're not on a diet. I still can't get over going to Cracker Barrel and ordering my blueberry pancakes and extra-crisp bacon while you ordered your steel-cut oatmeal. Where's the fun in that?! :)

Okay, you have my curosity up about Cozymel's. Isn't it funny that I live in Cool Springs and drive so far to go to Don Pablo's in M'boro and you live in M'boro and drive so far to go to Cozymel in Cool Springs? Goes to show, you always want what you can't have! HA!
Janette said…
ROFL! I get it! :)
Shari said…
Okay, but how often am I that boring? If I'm eating oatmeal at CB, it's because I need to counter some previous or planned splurging -- OR because I just got my cholesterol results. ; )

Actually, oatmeal and poached eggs sounded good to me that day.

Don Pablo, as you now know, went bankrupt. They had great enchiladas, but not great guacamole. Cozymel's is the only place anywhere around "these parts" with amazingly good guacamole (in my opinion). I don't drive to CS specifically to eat there. I eat there with Rebecca when I'm there to hang out with her and the kids. You should come next time!
Janette said…
Yeah but when you're being good on your diet, you just won't budge. I've never met such willpower...Grrrr.... :)
Danny Bryant said…
i think andrew is going to be a professional eater. he growls and grunts when he takes a bite. i can picture him cramming down hot dogs on espn.
DeeDee said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeeDee said…
Kellie, ever since she was little, hums while she's eating if she's happy with her food. She doesn't realize she's doing it either which makes it so cute (even at age 24).

OK, Shari, you must have never ordered fish tacos at Cheesecake Factory. In my opinion, their guacamole and fish tacos are unbeatable. And, BTW, their guacamole is made to order, so, they'll put in or leave out any ingredient "as you wish."

OK Janette. Next Sunday after church, it's Cozymel's for dinner, K? I have to try their fish tacos and guacamole. I LOVE fish tacos!
Shari said…
I have had Cheesecake Factory's guacamole and it's very good, too. I haven't tried their fish tacos. But I don't know how they could be better than Cozymel's. You'll have to let me know. If they are, I want to go to Cheesecake Factory!
Janette said…
Then there's me that thinks "fish" and "taco" do not belong in the same sentence. But I will say that I've had both Cozymel's and The Cheesecake Factory's guacamole and although both are excellent, I think Cozymel's is better. :)
Shari said…
When they're good, I would rather have a fish taco than any kind of taco. They are completely different. The ones I had at Cozymel's were fresh mahi mahi, blackened. Each taco was in two soft corn tortillas. They make their tortillas fresh, too. The taco has cabbage slaw, a drizzling of white sauce, pickled onions and lime. The pickled onions didn't sound good and I almost requested they be left off. But I figured I could take them off myself if they were not good. And I was so glad I got them just as they come. The blend of flavors was perfect. The only reason I stopped at two and a half was that I offered Rebecca one and she ate only half. She was too full from her chicken fajitas. So I gladly finished her other half. I wouldn't have a problem eating all three, though. The only thing is, that's SIX corn tortillas (unless you take one off of each taco, which I didn't have the willpower to do that day).

Since we're talking about food, I made homemade pizza tonight for the first time in ages. I decided to try making the dough with whole wheat flour in an effort to make it healthier. I didn't think it would taste that different. I was very wrong. John just laughed and said: "You should never experiment. Everything you make is as good as it gets before you try to improve on it." Danny used to say that to me all the time.
DeeDee said…
Another ingredient necessary for excellent fish tacos along with that slightly sweet, spicy slaw is Tapatio!
Janet said…
I'm just down the street from Cozymel's & I've never eaten there. For some reason, it reminds me of a cigarette (i'm not sure why!) There is also a place in the Factory in Franklin that is suppose to have great fish tacos; it's called Gulf Pride Seafood; I think they're open Wed thru Sat 10:30 until 4:30; they provide the seafood for most of the highend restaurants. So, sometime if you're in the area, give me a call & we can do lunch. I love guacamole!
Shari said…
We don't have to wait for me to be in the area, we can plan it! If I'm just in the area, I am usually hanging out with Rebecca and the boys. I'd love to try Gulf Pride, too. I think Cozymel's guacamole is better than mine. And I know you love mine. So you really do need to go there some time. A cigarette, huh? That's funny.