Tuesday - Part I (How the diet is going)

I've lost 7.4 pounds in two weeks. And the thing I am most excited about is how easy this diet is after phase one. I would recommend to anyone who cannot do phase one to just start at phase two. At this point, all I am doing is avoiding bad carbs and eating a little more protein and veggies than I normally do.

We ate out two nights in a row this weekend. We went to Bonefish Grill Saturday and Chop House Sunday. And, to my surprise, I did not gain weight over the weekend. I left full and satisfied. But I did not eat starches. I had only veggies with my shrimp and scallops. I even had four pieces of Bang Bang Shrimp and part of a crab cake as an appetizer. At Chop House I had one stuffed mushroom and part of a crab cake again. (We like appetizers.) I had a house salad with no cheese or bacon, and balsamic dressing. And for my entree' I had a petite filet and grilled shrimp with parmesan spinach. I had no bread and no potato or rice. Since it was my mother in law's birthday dinner, I decided I wanted to have a little dessert with her. So we ordered cheesecake and key lime pie to share between the three of us. I had three bites of each. And I did not gain any weight.

Yesterday I had cereal and blueberries for breakfast, a chicken and veggie salad at Calypso for lunch (substitute toasted almonds for the cheese) and a small bowl of chili for dinner topped off with some nonfat vanilla yogurt for dessert, and finally a sugar free fudge pop snack after working out. And this morning I was down to 128.2. My clothes are all loose again and I feel fantastic.

Comments