Maybe I am not meant to be 125

When I started dieting, my small group suggested I post updates on my blog as to how I was doing. They probably meant to let them know if I was still on my diet on day two. But I, of course, being Shari, took that to the extreme and posted the finer details. I've taken a fair amount of good natured teasing about not needing to be on a diet. I've been cautioned not to get too thin. And one friend laughs at me every time we see each other. Yes, the same friend I talked about in another post. Janette. Yesterday she told me she had a good (big) laugh when she read the heading "Up one pound today." And I thought... maybe it's time to stop talking about this! But I have been so excited about the results I've gotten that I have just naturally wanted to share.

I've stayed on the diet faithfully since Monday and I am not losing any more weight. I seem to be stuck at 129. So this morning I'm thinking that maybe 125 isn't a realistic goal. Ha!

I find myself wanting my cup of Belgian Hazelnut instant coffee this morning. It has sugar in it. So I've been drinking brewed coffee in the mornings instead. Mental attitude is everything. Yesterday I sat at a mexican restaurant and did not eat a single chip. I didn't even want one. This morning I am tempted by a flavored cup of coffee. How much do I really want to lose a few more pounds? Today, not that much. I knew the old Shari was still in there. I'll never be able to get rid of her completely.

I've been extra tired this week. It makes me wonder if that has anything to do with my carb binge Sunday. I have been reading a book on women's health issues the last few days and haven't gone to the next chapter in Yancey's book. But there was a statement in an email forward I got this morning that I really liked and thought I would share at the end of this post. It's a good one to remember.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Comments